Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Galen's Gamble: First Preview

~ A Frostgrave Module WIP ~

Galen's Gamble: A Brief Introduction to the Story

The Elves lead by Prince Galen Ebon'mere have recently arrived in Frostgrave and are in the process of purging the city of the undead and undying that have been fleeing their crusade across the country side. 

The Cult of the Undying are resisting and are attempting overwelm and oust the well-equipped Elven occupiers. They have been rebuilding their numbers in Frostgrave unmolested for months. The hordes of Undead and Demons the Cult has under their control are especially difficult for the Elven scouts to estimate in the extensive ruins of this ancient city.    

The Orcs whom have been living in the area long before either arrivals are preoccupied with defending their hovels on the outskirts of town. They periodically enter the city to gather regents and potions if they can easily be foraged. The Orcs will cut down anyone that appears threatening but care very little for the politics of the two warring parties.   

The entire concept of Galen's Gamble is to add some more flesh on the bones of this great war-game. I wanted to have more to do on the battlefield. I longed for a module to give the game a seriously sharp semi-cooperative edge that I think could be very appealing. I wanted a reason to pick a strategic location on the map of the city for my base. I wanted to be able to go to specific areas of the map looking for specific items. I desired NPC factions whose interactions may differ based upon my opponents chosen allegiances. I wanted to discover legendary spells that are difficult to master but further fill out the schools of magic. 

Then lastly I wanted to develop an optional system to handle level differences in a way that enables both players to progress but have a fair catch up mechanism.

The First Iteration of the Map


Each block is a square representing a 3' x 3' battlefield. Some area's like graveyards, inns, libraries and such will reoccur as best fits with the narrative of the campaign. I will attempt to slowly to fill the map with scenarios and locations. Ideally I would like to fit in locations for all the canonized content. Most of the buildings will be Tabletop World set on TerraTiles to make up the bulk of the city with Youtube guides for how I chose to put together the custom pieces. I will use the blog to detail and chronicle the process of building the campaign and handle sharing update details.

I look forward to sharing with you next Wednesday where I discuss the streamlined faction system I intend to use. It can easily be adapted to any number or type of factions you would like but I will be just showcasing the one I have devised with the three factions briefly detailed above.  

I want to be very open about the process and welcome feedback. The ideal place for feedback and further community driven discussions would be on the Lead Adventure Forums in the Frostgrave section in the thread link provided below.

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=96550.0

No comments:

Post a Comment